Civil Underground is committed to ensuring that legal labour, health and safety and environmental standards are acknowledged and are adhered to by its suppliers and support partners
- Procurement ethics
(a) As a matter of principle, Civil Underground will not enter into any contractual arrangements with suppliers or support partners where:
- The supplier or support partner is found to be using workers below the relevant minimum age for employment; or
- The supplier or support partner is found to be using any form of labour that is considered unacceptable by New Zealand legal standards; or
- The supplier or support partner is found to have or could have discriminated directly or indirectly on any of the prohibited grounds in the Human Rights Act 1993 ; or
- The supplier or support partner’s workers are found to be subjected to potential life threatening working conditions or harsh, abusive or inhumane treatment; or
- The supplier or support partner is found to be engaging in behaviours that may compromise the integrity of the procurement documents or procedures; or
- The supplier or support partners are found to be employing workers that are not legally entitled to work in New Zealand; or
- The supplier or support partner cannot demonstrate it has the suitable health and safety and environmental management documentation and related processes to meet the requirements of relevant and applicable legislation; or
- The supplier or support partner must demonstrate that all workers engaged in any work for and on behalf of Civil underground are competent in what is required of them
(b) Prior to the award of any contract involving Civil Underground suppliers or support partners they shall comply with all requests for documentation and information relative to any project in a timely manner and they shall allow Civil Underground to carry out audits of their facilities that would be used to satisfy the requirements of any resultant contract.
(c) During any period of any contract it is found that there have been or are breaches of the matters stated in Clause 2 this will be considered a material breach of the contract.
(d) Before and during any time of any contractual arrangement the supplier and support partner must at all times act in good faith and act ethically, fairly and honestly so as to ensure the clients of Civil Underground are not at any time placed into any form of jeopardy.